Joe, I I'm going speak to one thing here, since I administer and run
both (and the same) that you mention here.

When I took over CaveTex, Bill handed me the reins, membership list
and website.  I only updated a few instructions on the site, but left
it the same as he had it.  Yes, it has a disclaimer on it about it not
being the official list for TSA or any other group.

I think the majority of the CaveTex membership wants it this way,
while TSA members are a large part of the CaveTex members, there are
many here who aren't.

If the TSA wants its own list for updates, member talk, etc, I'd be
happy to set one up, but to be honest, I don't think its necessary.
TSA doesn't have anything to hide from non-members.

Do I take pride in not having CaveTex as the "official" TSA voice?
No, and it wasn't meant that way I don't think.  I'm a proud (and
vocal) member of TSA, TCMA, NSS and few other organizations.

Charles
CaveTex list administrator flunky