Andy, I disagree on your second point.  If you change the subject, it
messes up the threading (unless you are changing the subject, in which
case, you shouldn't be replying, you should start a new message).

The first is handled differently by different email messages.  Some
people have their email boxes set to handle To:'s  differently than
something that comes in on a list.  If its a reply to me, and the list
is copied, I want that email brought to my attention.

If your email app gives it to you twice, its just not smart enough to
realize its the same message and should be smacked around :)

Charles