A magnetic strip can be erased by exposure to a strong magnetic field. It is
similar to magnetic recording tape, such as that used in audio or video
cassette tape recorders, and is also similar to the recording media used in
floppy disks. Moving a strong permanent magnet next to it might be sufficient
to erase it, but a more effective method probably would be to use an AC powered
bulk tape eraser, such as those sold in electronics stores for erasing VHS
video tapes.

RFID chips work differently. They are integrated circuits designed to act like
little radio transmitters that transmit digitally encoded identifying
information whenever they receive a certain kind of interrogation signal
transmitted by an external RFID scanning device. It is true that a microwave
oven is likely to quickly disable an RFID chip (or, for that matter, any other
electronic device) that you cook in it, but there is also a hazard that the
RFID chip could quickly become very hot while you're cooking it and might melt
or burn the product in which it is embedded. You might destroy more than you
intend with this method.

With either a magnetic strip or an RFID, it is difficult to determine whether
or not an attempt to erase or disable the thing has succeeded unless you have
access to an appropriate reader or scanning device.

Rod