The newest Alien ID cards that I've seen have some sort of plastic strip
that has the numbers visibly embedded within them and could have some sort
of hologram business that would hold a large amount of personal information.
--Ediger

Side note: Technically it's SSAN (Social Security Account Number) but has
been popularly shortened to SSN or, more anally, just "social". --GE