A guy I wouldn't normally read (he's too conservative for my general tastes),
Andrew Basevich, said something smart lately.  Basevich is a Vietnam/Gulf War
vet, retired colonel, West Point grad, Johns' Hopkins professor, etc....

He said he couuld trace our current financial crisis on our "mistaking freedom
for consumerism".

I agree with him...  We've shifted to a mindset wherein it is our birthright as
Americans to rabidly consume...often beyond our means.  We live our lifestyle
on the soulders of the rest of the world....  Our #1 industry is now credit
servicing;  in the early 70's it was manufacturing.  Our entire cultural midset
has devolved into rampant comsumerism......

The housing fiasco, greed on Wall St., everyone credit-carded to the max...it's
downright scary!  And sorta sad to see our great country wallowing in a Huge
Mess that was forseeable/preventable (at best) and probably repeatable (at
worst).
 Scott Nicholson, Broker
KW Commercial
512-947-2688