The only problem I have with McCain, aside from the insulting pick of Palin as
a running mate, is that he's an insider....has been for over 20 years.
It's indisputable that he's a total badass and hero...but, to me (and in my own
humble opinion) he represents one face of the machine that runs our whole
country and maybe even the world.

My wife and I have a nice older home (we put 20% down and have a very low
mortgage payment) and two older cars (an '05 Subaru and '99 Yukon) which we
will keep and maintain until it's not cost-effective.  We have no debt other
than our mortgage and a student loan payment.  We live on cash...no credit.  We
try to live like our grandparents did...although we probably have a few more
luxuries than they...we occasionally eat out and have some "stuff" like big TVs
and we travel some....overall we're very conservative when compared with our
peer group.  We' also consider ourselves very fortunate!

We're Constitutionally and fiscally conservtive...although when most people say
"conservative" these days they mean morally conservative.......I don't call
myself morally conservative.  That's a whole other topic.  :-)

I agree, Fritz, on the tax issue.  I'm self-employed and we pay an obscenely
large tax bill each year....Obscene!
Anyone out there educated on the Fair Tax plan?  I don't know too much about it
but I've heard it proposed that everyone pay a flat 10%.....I'd have to have
plastic surgery to remove the grin from my face if all I had to pay was 10%...!!
 Scott Nicholson, Broker
KW Commercial
512-947-2688
Discovery Realty Group