Diana Tomchick said:

it's lacking some hallmarks of great caving trips. This includes vertical work
(imagine hauling a 27 pound tank plus your pack up a 100 foot rope),

     I did that when Bill Stone dived the sump in Guaguas (Mexico) back in the
late '70's.  That's a 450-foot drop on the low side, plus a couple more drops
further in.  No fiberglass or carbon fiber tanks back then, either.  To make it
really grim you could add super bad air.  Some caves in Texas like Kaiser Cave
and Marguerite Cave have such bad air that we took tanks in there just to
breath in dry cave passage.  Imagine having your own tank plus one for a diver!

Mark Minton