The very back of Airman Cave has long selenites. Longest I have seen anyway. Crystal needles 12-18 inches long or so. On the next trip back there and you will probably break through into a room of selenites larger than in that crystal cave in Mexico.

Cavingly,

Preston at Outer Browder

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Vreeland" <cvreel...@austin.rr.com>
To: <speleoste...@tx.rr.com>
Cc: <texascavers@texascavers.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 7:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Breakthrough in Texas Longest Cave

Bill,
I think you're having your leg pulled. While Airman's in no doubt a tough trip, and I don't mean to denigrate those who actually "like" it, I think it most likely ranks as the stupidest cave trip in Texas. Viv's been to the upstream sump in Sorcerers, --ask her about that -- I'd personally say it ranks as the toughest trip I've done, though I haven't (and never will) been to the back of Airman's, nor have I been to the upstream sump in Honey Creek, though I'm more inclined to at least take your word on the later. I think Viv just wants to see the look on your face when you emerge from Airman's and ask what the HELL was that all for? :-)

Chris