Key part of the law is the first section:

"Sec. 201.011. PERMIT REQUIRED. Authorizes no person to excavate, remove, destroy, injure, alter in any significant manner, or deface any part of

a CAVE OWNED BY the State of Texas,

unless the person possesses a valid permit under Section 201.012 (Issuance of Permit), rather than unless he first obtains a valid permit under Section 201.012."

Full text of both bills:

H.B. 3502 (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/billlookup/Text.aspx?LegSess=80R&Bill=HB3502)

S.B. 1524
(http://www.legis.state.tx.us/billlookup/History.aspx?LegSess=80R&Bill=SB1524)

So do not dig in a state park......  ;)

Terry H.

John P. Brooks wrote:
So basically now we made ourselves criminals by our own hands.....that was
smart.

I thought the intent of the law was to facilitate the prosecution of the
most egregious acts of cave vandalism?
Does the new law mean that a permit from the state is now required to "dig
open" or "rock shave" a lead in a cave or a cave entrance on private land?