Hawai'i, as we all know (or certainly should know) is an island archipelago. There are no bridges between these island, much less a bridge to another state. So, why do they even have a road designated as an "Interstate"?

Bruce

Mark Minton wrote:

A list of speed limits by state is at <http://www.iihs.org/safety_facts/state_laws/speed_limit_laws.htm>, current as of May, 2005. No state had a speed limit higher than 75 at that time. Oklahoma was the speediest, with 70+ mph across the board. Hawaii was the slowest (only 60 on the Interstate!?). As I recall, when I was a kid the speed limit on Interstates in Oklahoma was 80. I remember that because it was the highest posted limit I had ever seen. There were also some Western states with no posted limit, like Nevada and Montana, as already mentioned.

Mark Minton