Watch out. The Gulf Cartel is still considered a big threat in Tamaulipas.
---- Mixon Bill via Texascavers <texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:
> From Association for Mexican Cave Studies Newsletter vol 4, pp. 55-56 report
> on trip by a number of French cavers led by Bill Russell (OCR of scan will
> have errors):

> Le 10 au soir, nous etablissons Ie campement
> pres du Rio de Jaumave dans la Sierra de Tamaulipas. Le 11 est notre premiere
> journee d'exploration
> au Mexique. Du Rancho Picacho aenviron 30 km de Ciudad Victoria, un berger
> nous
> guide dans la canon de Fraile. Deux petites grottes sont explorees et
> topographiees: la Cueva
> de Fraile et la Cueva del Canon de Fraile. Dans la soir~e, reconnaissance des
> S6tanos de Altes
> Cumbres pres de la highway a 25 km de Ciudad Victoria. Le lendemain, un
> groupe continue
> l'exploration et la topographie des S6tanos de Altes Cumbres nO 1 et nO 2. Un
> autre groupe
> reconnait dans la Sierra, a une heure de marche du Rancho Picacho des
> gouffres sans importance.
> Dans la soiree, une pointe rapide est effectuee a Hoya Verde, a 9 km de la
> highway.

There is a map of a cave at http://www.mexicancaves.org/maps/0327.pdf.

I found that text by looking at the index to the volume on the AMCS web site at
mexicancaves.org. Get familiar with the resources there. -- Mixon

Nature is a hanging judge.