> From: bruce at tomo.co.nz
> To: therion at speleo.sk
> Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:14:38 +1300
> Subject: Re: [Therion] hyperlink point
>
> >i was considering linking to reports, publications, photoes, videos
> >from the maps. this would link these other resources to the map,
> >allowing the user to jump from the map to a report or a video and
> >so on.
> My thought as well.

I had also had thought about this. In my survey-databases I use url to reports
of the trips we made to make the surveys, or reports of the digging and further
exploration.

> >i would rather have iconic refs in the pdf (the "usual" file, picture,
> >video icons).
> These would be OK, or even quite nice, when viewed electronically, but
> redundant or even untidy once the map is printed.

Isn't it possible to create automatically both maps: the one with the
url-links, the other without. In case there are no links you have twice the
same.

> >links could be turned off (to prepare maps for publications, with
> >a symbol-hide command.
> They could, but it means you have to create two maps, one for electronic
> viewing and one for paper viewing. Seems like needless duplication of
> authors effort and maintaining separate versions of what are otherwise
> identical files.
>
> Bruce

Guido