> >>links could be turned off (to prepare maps for publications, with
> >>a symbol-hide command).
>> They could, but it means you have to create two maps, one for electronic
>> viewing and one for paper viewing. Seems like needless duplication of
> >authors effort and maintaining separate versions of what are otherwise
>> identical files.

>Isn't it possible to create automatically both maps: the one with the
url-links, the other without.

True, I guess there is no effort to create them, just twice the files to
manage later on.

Sometimes there will be good reasons to have multiple files, other times
less, is more.

Not an issue for a one or two cave system, but it all adds up for multi-cave
systems

where maps an atlas' are produced at multiple scales (parts-of-cave, cave,
groups of caves, whole system).

It makes sense to me that the pdf outputs should be as flexible as possible
if the map author wants them to be.

Just putting ideas out there, I'll be happy however hyperlink functionality
is implemented.

Stacho and Martin have made pretty good choices so far :)

Bruce