If the two scraps are in the same map layer (i.e. not separated by a break
line in the map definition) then the upper scrap will completely hide any
part of the lower scrap which passes under it. So the lower scrap curved
outline of the pit bottom can be quickly drawn a bit larger than the curved
line of the pit in the upper scrap, as any overlap will be hidden.

Footleg