On 10/05/2019 14:28, Footleg wrote:
> If the two scraps are in the same map layer (i.e. not separated by a
> break line in the map definition) then the upper scrap will completely
> hide any part of the lower scrap which passes under it. So the lower
> scrap curved outline of the pit bottom can be quickly drawn a bit larger
> than the curved line of the pit in the upper scrap, as any overlap will
> be hidden.

Sounds convenient, but sadly not possible in my case, as there is a
break. But my manual process does work. Tested it out. Wish it were more
convenient, but it works.

1. text editor, copy pit line from upper scrap in upper survey
2. text editor, paste pit line into lower scrap in lower survey
3. set -outline out, -visibility off
4. in XTherion, open lower survey
5. select first line point on the new line (it will be positioned
somewhere weird), press "shift from"
6. select the line point on the wall line where it needs to end up,
press "shift to"
7. select the new line, press "shift object"
8. connect walls to it as needed
9. in overall .th file, add joins for each line point, and the scrap as
needed:

  join pitchbottomSP@topsurvey pitchtopSP@bottomsurvey -smooth on
  join pitchedge@topsurvey:0 pitchlip@bottomsurvey:0
  join pitchedge@topsurvey:1 pitchlip@bottomsurvey:1