From: Therion <therion-boun...@speleo.sk> On Behalf Of Ben Cooper
Sent: Friday, 6 September 2019 03:52
To: 'List for Therion users' <therion@speleo.sk>
Subject: Re: [Therion] Display Station comments on Map?

Hi Max,
To your original question, I achieved something similar a while ago using
station comments to create an overlay for fixed stations, and another for
continuations.  The pdf outputs are attached.  While the programmatic selection
of stations to display would be a nice to have, it is relatively painless to do
what you want manually. These were achieved using a th2 file with a dedicated
scrap, as you hinted at, however, I didn't need to plot all the stations - it
is sufficient just to include the station names in the scrap -stations command,
making this a very viable approach.

I've included the entire th2 file below - as you can see there is a long list
of station names in the scrap command, and only three points actually plotted
(I can't remember why these three were plotted manually, sorry. In the fixed
stations list, I had to manually plot fixed stations that were created in the
cave but not yet actually tied into to the survey line - my intention was that
these would be surveyed eventually, at which point I would not have to manually
draw them in). It wasn't very onerous generating the th2 file - I basically
searched all my the files for the stations, manipulated the search output to
create the list of station names, and then copied the list into my th2 file;
job done.  In fact one could easily write a script that did all of that and
just output the entire th2 file.

The full Therion survey with the metapost definitions of the station points
that I used is available at
http://cave-registry.org.uk/svn/CheddarCatchment/UpperFlood.  Start with the
thconfig files called thconfig.UF_Fixed.tp and thconfig.UF_Continuations.tp
respectively.

Here's the th2 scrap:
scrap Continuations_s1 -projection plan -stations [M2d@MCGPaper.Entrance
M11d@MCGPaper.Entrance 11d@MidnightChamber.Entrance BS10@MCGPaper.Entrance