I'm probably the naive one ... not believing that the plugin panel can
absolutely disable every single tiddler or bit of code. Its not a big
job to transfer the data tiddlers into their own TW, so why not start
there and be absolutely sure where the problem is arising?

Oh, don't forget to also check your data tiddlers. Do you have any
tiddlers that use embedded html and javascript? The script in those
wouldn't get turned off by the plugin panel.

-- Mark