> > Added a systemTheme tiddler to Menuflex, for making it easier to test
> > it with other TiddlyWikis,
>
> How so, Wolfgang. Just by importing theme tiddlers?

You still have to import all 'menuFlex' tagged tiddlers. I just meant
it would be much easier this way to import it into complex
TiddlyWiki's - as Twt-Treeview is - with a theme switching plugin
installed.

This could avoid overwriting any original style and template tiddlers
during importing. And if anything goes badly wrong, just reload and
the original functioning theme will be there again.

To select and import a group of tiddlers by tag is easiest with
TiddlyTools ImportTiddlersPlugin Bookmarklet, since it can temporarily
be loaded, and allows to rename every already existing tiddler for not
overwriting essential ones (drag the bookmarklet link from it's
original site to your browsers bookmark bar, change to the tab with
your TW and click it there).

http://www.tiddlytools.com/#InstantBookmarklets

After importing you still have to reverence to their new title in the
table slices of the systemTheme tiddler. For example, if you renamed
the PageTemplate to PageTemplate2, it than would have to look like
this:

|PageTemplate|PageTemplate2|

It's better explained here: http://tiddlywiki.org/wiki/Themes

> I'm intrigued by the accordion version of the main menu in Menuflex.

This works well with Slider2Plugin, and then would create a nice
accordion effect (ie. when opening a slider, closing a already opened
one):

http://ptw.sourceforge.net/ptwe.html#Slider2Plugin

However, if you have NestedSliderPlugin installed, you better apply
this style to this. Because regular sliders instantly render
everything hidden - with many fET within the sliders, this slows a TW
really down. NestedSliders - as well as Tabs or Popups - know how to
render a sliders content only when it is opened. With NestedSliders by
using three dots after the button label, for example:

+++*{{accordionEffect{[Index]}}}...<<tiddler Index>>===

> Just curious, also -- what's the reason for duplicating functions in
> the main menu and top menu in Menuflex. I take it one could get along
> with just one.

My main objective was to get the essence of MenuMore, which switches
left main menus from buttons in a top menu, combined with Overflow
style, which changes a main menu's width dynamically. As it would be
needed with really deep levels of treeview, or other visual menus
creating plugins, like Hypergraph, TagMindMap, RelatedTiddlersPlugin,
ImageMapPlugin... So if you left the top menu out, you still needed a
second menu to the main on the left, for placing the menu switching
buttons. Or you would have to place them into each of the MainMenus
switched to.

It's a work in progress. As such I tried many different things like
nested popups, which still needs much work to it. By trying to
accomplish many functions in different ways some are doubled now, also
because of lack of content which this would allow to access.

> That said, it is a beautiful TiddlyWiki.

Better don't look at it with IE or Opera.. :-)

The beauty for me lays in its possibility to create as much
navigational space quickly with least dependency to Plugins.

Regards..