> This seems a very well working alternative [...]
> http://double.tiddlyspot.com/

Hah, I didn't expect to see the Cookie Monster there - that actually
made me smile.

> Indeed, this problem for the first time made me read some js articles.
> However, it's daunting, as this would take me months for coming up
> with something usable myself.

I hope the sample code I provided helped getting you a sense of how to
get started.

>> This might be simplified by reading the transclusion source from a
>> dedicated tiddler (or even just a variable) and applying that value
>> using evaluated parameters on the tiddler macro call. The respective
>> control would then refresh the containing the macro call.
>
> Had to read this sentence trice to understand half of what you meant -
> did I got it right?
> http://double.tiddlyspot.com/#SiteSubtitle%20flex

I'm not sure but it doesn't seem like what I had in mind (also see
below).

> You already used $1 and $3 within the script, so for the tiddler name
> and title to transclude only $2 and $4 are left

Well, this doesn't actually have anything to do with Tiddlywiki
transclusion; those are backreferences* from the RegEx search & replace.

> Now, only Opera chokes and gives the following error message
> [...]
> Statement on line 67: Syntax error in call to eval: line 5 :
>       var pattern = /({{PseudoStory{<<tiddler \[\[)(.+?)(]]>>}}})

Looks like that might be a copy & paste error - or perhaps some weird
interaction due to the misunderstanding above?

> So much thanks again!

Your sample made me remember, wasn't there a navigation menu doing
something very similar, using tabs? It might have been Morris's work.

-- F.

* http://www.regular-expressions.info/javascript.html