> > Indeed, this problem for the first time made me read some js articles.
> > However, it's daunting, as this would take me months for coming up
> > with something usable myself.
>
> I hope the sample code I provided helped getting you a sense of how to
> get started.

It didn't change the sense I've got before, that I would have to spend
a few months exclusively learning javascript till I would be able
write anything humble myself. This would defeat the beauty of
TiddlyWiki to me, of learning a little specific html and css as one
goes along to adapt TW to ones need. I don't want to write plugins for
TW - but adapt, __use__ and share - if I consider anything worthy.
Developing javascript plugins is a completely different approach,
which I don't have the ambition, nor would want to earn my daily bread
for. Everyone has to make priorities.

> >> This might be simplified by reading the transclusion source from a
> >> dedicated tiddler (or even just a variable) and applying that value
> >> using evaluated parameters on the tiddler macro call. The respective
> >> control would then refresh the containing the macro call.
>
> > Had to read this sentence trice to understand half of what you meant -
> > did I got it right?
> >
> > http://double.tiddlyspot.com/#SiteSubtitle
>
> I'm not sure but it doesn't seem like what I had in mind (also see
> below).

Well - as a user - neither did I know what to do now, with what I read
below. Other than to study javascript to be able to write plugins
myself. But where would it come to, if every user would be converted
to a developer? I think each role has its place, and where developers
might really be at an advantage to share, there are other areas with
real importance. Priorities again.

> Well, this doesn't actually have anything to do with Tiddlywiki
> transclusion; those are backreferences* from the RegEx search & replace.
>
> > Now, only Opera chokes and gives the following error message ...
>
> Looks like that might be a copy & paste error - or perhaps some weird
> interaction due to the misunderstanding above?
>

>From a (Firefox) TW users standpoint - it now works even better this
way than MenuMore, and I'm sufficiency satisfied :-)

> Your sample made me remember, wasn't there a navigation menu doing
> something very similar, using tabs? It might have been Morris's work.

Well, the original - and in my eyes most beautiful - would be this:

http://yann.perrin.googlepages.com/twkd.html

but would introduce its own specific limitations.

Regards..