On Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 10:23:03 AM UTC+1, HC Haase wrote:
..

> However I am not sure if it breaks with the TW-philosophy of the tiddler
> as the smallest unit and tags as the main organiser.

I think "tags as the main organiser" is only true, because it has the best
UX (user experience).

With TW5 Jeremy tried to make fields "first class citizens". And if you
have a look at the filter syntax, the goal has been reached but the
existing UI elements to work with fields are cumbersome.

> Like TW has changed the way I think/interact with knowledge, I think these
> tables have done it too. when using tables I have a mindset of
> spreadsheets/DB. I tend to seek to find and overview, to fill missing
> fields,

right

> where the "wiki mindset" gives me a mindset of seeking connections and
> mental maps.

:) I'd love to have a "stripped down version of TiddlyMaps" for
brainstorming.

> I am not saying tables a bad but I think they change the room for doing an
> situating knowledge. Or is it just reinventing spreadsheets? that's worth
> pondering on.

It's a "different" type of view, which can be better, depending on the
usecase.

just some thoughts
mario