Folks,

Strong values expressed in this reply are my personal feelings based on
complex concepts, and I do not intend insult to anyone, if you feel I have
slighted you somehow, you miss readme. I would rather express my ideas then
self censor.

Scanning this thread, I see a lot of value to read in detail as well,
Whilst I empathise with Edgaras I would like to respectfully suggest that
often we want more from tiddlywiki not because it can't do it, but because
we have prior experience of something different. We cannot get to know
tiddlywiki on the first "date",  The markdown vs wikitext is a key example,
Markdown is trivial, and Wiki Text markdown equally so, it takes minutes to
reorient, I have edited WikiPedia the Tiddlywiki in the same hour, it is
not a problem. Any thing markdown delivered wikitext can also.

However filters and other features employ the use of at least 4th
generation coding structure such as the powerful list processing in
tiddlywiki. The new user will see these quickly, but to then say tiddlywiki
is too complex is is like refusing Santa's gifts because they are too
colourful.

Tiddlywiki is full of shiney tools and possibilities, like walking into a
well appointed toolshed, you should expect at first it may seem complex,
but before long you will recognise the hammer the saw etc...

Given I now have a much deeper understanding of tiddlywiki (more than a
decade experience) I see virtually no barriers to doing anything in
tiddlywiki, and since it is based on html/css/javascript many of the skills
one gains to understand tiddlywiki are transferable. When I do see barriers
I try and get around them or encourage others to, however tiddlywiki's
capabilities are so expansive its possibilities are already infinite.

With the sudden influx of new enthusiasts during these covid times I see
trends perhaps from tiddlywiki naivety, I do not agree with, but it can be
hard to express the arguments because it involves technical and value based
judgements.

   - Propensity to solve perceived gaps with Javascript before knowing how
   to do it in wikitext/Macros and widgets
   - A Strong focus on exporting static files (A strength but only one of
   the reasons for tiddlywiki), consider exporting whole tiddlywikis.
   - Tiddlywiki's capabilities seeming complex, not because it is, but
   because it allows you to be.
   - People placing demanding expectations on tiddlywiki, which it can
   meet, born from any solution they like on the internet. Yes tiddlywiki can
   adapt those methods and present them, but it can do this for most
   algorithms and solutions. To maintain this versatility requires uniquely
   tiddlywiki solutions that take time to learn, Why?, because it remains
   versatile, not to one personal preference, but to many peoples desires.

Tiddlywiki is an adaptable chameleon unlike almost any other comparable
solution, unless someone has shared an edition, you must not expect to be
spoon fed a solution that resembles a much less capable subset of
tiddlywikis features, why would you want that when you can future proof
yourself with much more?

Sure these qualities of tiddlywiki may be a barrier for many, but I have
swallowed the red pill and I am not going back, nor would I want to loose
functionality for tiddlywiki to appeal to more people.

My key focus of late is opening capabilities and removing barriers I find,
most of which few people would come across anyway, this is because I have
adopted the tiddlywiki platform as the key technology I can develop any
solution on, in the future. In time you will see easier methods to do many
things, I have a large library in the wings, which I intended to share, If
mohamad and other has not done too good a job of it before me :)

I hope my alternative view helps people understand tiddlywiki better.

Regards
Tony