Hi Tony,

Very well said!. ... but

I'd like to provide a different point of view.

I like, that Edgaras develops completely new ideas, that are outside of my
comfort zone -- as an "advanced user". ... It think, only if there is
friction, we are able to change something. eg: I'm so used to the "status
quo", that I don't see "beginners" problems anymore.

New users have a very special, may be "innocent" (in a positive way) view
about TW. ... The problem with this view is. It's gone way to fast.

After working with TW for 2 weeks users get used to the UI limitations,
because they start to know the workarounds. 4 more weeks digging into
configuration, customizations and "doing it the TW way" they are "trapped".

Every review I've seen in the past says: "TiddlyWiki is great, but there is
a steep learning curve!" ... I think "steep learning curve" is a polite
description here.

In my newbie days I sometimes thought: "This concept makes me feel stupid.
... but I know ... I'm not." ... I'm sure, some people here in the group,
know this feeling ... sometimes.

I think this shouldn't be the case, if we can avoid it.

There have been several discussions about reorganizing the "default TW UI",
but I think Edgaras is the first UI designer by profession, which started a
thread with a clickable mockup of his thoughts. ... I think that's unique.

Since he is a designer, his job is to think outside of existing
conventions, *even if the ideas are not* backwards compatible. New ideas
don't have to be "backwards compatible". ... It's the job of the core devs,
the plugin and theme authors, to make it work.

As Saq pointed out, we can make new editions, to experiment with and run
several iterations until *new users* are satisfied.

As you wrote. TW is a chameleon and I'm sure, with a click of a button, we
can switch between a "zen like" and a "poweruser like" writing experience.

just some thoughts
-mario