Hi Jan,

Interesting! I am happy you are tinkering with this further but I am not
sure I entirely follow so please help me understand what you want to
achieve.

Am I correct in thinking that you want to:

   1. not have Streams active on draft tiddlers
   2. not have titles like: Roadmap/20200529194658065/20200529194658090

For (1) the draft tiddlers I am a bit confused. Since Drafts only open in
the edittemplate, where Streams is not visible or active, where are you
running into this issue? Are you using Streams in the edit template?

If you can explain how and where this is causing issues that would be very
helpful in finding the best solution.

Note also that you can tweak *$:/config/sq/streams/stream-enable-filter* to
exclude drafts.

Regarding (2) note that the variable *stream-root* is also needed in
action-macros
<https://github.com/saqimtiaz/streams/blob/master/plugins/streams/action-macros.tid>
 and
the "split" modification you suggest would surely create issues. In
particular if you open a tiddler with a / in the title and it has stream
nodes, some of the actions will likely fail.

So I suggest to try instead to tinker with the title for new nodes in
*$:/config/sq/streams/new-node-title*

Note that the contents of this tiddler are wikified to get the new node
title, so you can do something like this:

\define streamroot()
 <$list filter="[<stream-root-title>]+[split[/]limit[1]]"/>
\end

<<streamroot>>/<<now "[UTC]YYYY0MM0DD0hh0mm0ssXXX">>

I am very happy you are tinkering with this and am definitely willing to
make changes to make the plugin more flexible. I just want to understand
the use-cases and potential issues, and make sure we keep the big picture
in mind when finding solutions.

Cheers,
Saq