Hi Saq,

I did use stream to make notes for the DAT-CON some days ago. This is a
short info about my experience, which was very good over all, with some
hickups

*What really worked well for me*:

1) Collecting notes _and_ a structure can be done in "real time" while
watching the conference video
2) Following the chat and copy paste links and info from the chat into the
stream structure works in "real time"
3) tab - "indent node" and shift-tab - "uninedent node" are intuitive. No
thinking needed.
4) ctrl - up / down ... just works
5) I use this format for tiddler names: <<stream-root-title>>/<<now
"YYYY/0MM/0DD/0hh:0mm:0ss-0XXX">>

6) I use [!is[shadow]has[stream-type]]  as a stream enable filter. This may
change in the future.
7) I use this line <$vars
stream-root-title={{{[<currentTiddler>split[/]limit[1]]}}} in the
nodes-list-template. So tiddler names are created as shown in 5) .. NO long
node names. ... The disadvantage is, that "sub streams" don't get a (+) new
Node button ... Only the "main stream" tiddler has this button. ..

8) I do like the tiddler-title format as shown in 5), because it
automatically creates a visible "timeline", when the nodes have been taken
and the core <<tree "DAT-CON/">> macro will be able to deal with it after I
did create a new "leaf template" for the macro.

*My personal hickups* ;)

a) I did notice again, that I can't deal with hidden information.
    a.1) I need the "stream-node-collapser" to be visible as soon as child
elements exist, similar to "toc-selective-expandable"
    a.2) Waiting for the hover effect doesn't work for me.
    a.3) I need the "collapser" to be in a different colour.

b) I need the cheat sheet
<file:///C:/Users/Mario/Downloads/test-streams.html#Keyboard%20Shortcuts>
to be tagged $:/tags/SideBar so I can have it open all the time in the
sidebar

c) I saw I only can deal with the existing keyboard shortcuts if the "cheat
sheet" is open.

Existing is:

- Ctrl+Enter - save
- Enter - save and create new node with text after cursor -> *For me
personally this functionality is frustrating without an Undo :/ *Especially
in "refactoring mode" a day later.
- Shift+Enter - add a linebreak without saving
- Alt+Enter - split longer text into multiple nodes. (default is to split
on two linebreaks)

I would like to have them default like this:

-

- Enter - add a linebreak without saving

Ctrl+Enter - save and create new node - no splitting
Shift+Enter - save and create new node with text splitting -> Default
disabled for me. I don't want it.
- Alt+Enter - split longer text into multiple nodes. I need a *confirmation
dialogue*, even if it is slower. .. Fixing the problem if hitting this
combination by accident is a 100 times more time consuming

So in the end it should be configurable.

d) Using stream-root-title as described in 7) removes the (+) new Node
button from "subtiddlers" ... Couldn't find the code yet.

That's basically it.

Have fun and thanks for your great work!
mario