On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 6:41:41 PM UTC-7, TW Tones wrote:

> Rather than specifically addressing journal-date, is there any chance of
> simply nominating one or more date fields, for which if they are equal to
> the calendar date they cause the default highlight and appear listed in the
> drop down on that date?
>
>    - The idea is simply to be able to integrate any other solution using
>    a tiddlywiki serial number date in a date field to appear on the calendar.
>    - The start and end date as you implemented is a range which is a
>    fundamental need in some cases, thank you so much for implementing that.
>    - It seems to me the ability to place on the calendar tiddlers with
>    any nominated date field on the same day is another fundamental need,
>    although less complex than start and end dates.
>
> As you noted, start-date/end-date and journal-date handling are VERY
similiar.  In fact, a journal entry is really just a special case of a
timeline entry without a specified "end-date" (i.e., a single day event),
which the timeline code already handles.

So... rather than writing redundant code for handing "journal-date" or any
other desired fieldname, I just made the timeline "start-date" fieldname
configurable, so that you can easily enter a different fieldname instead of
"start-date".  Thus, the Calendar can now display timeline and journal
events using "start-date" or "journal-date" or any fieldname you like.  To
change the fieldname, just view the Calendar settings and click on the gear
icon next to the "Timelines and Journals" entry in the "Events" list.

http://TiddlyTools.com/timer.html now includes a "SampleTimelineEvent"
(with a start-date field) and "SampleJournalEntry" (with both start-date
and journal-date fields).

The SampleJournalEntry is set to 20201001 (October 1st)
The SampleTimelineEvent is set for 20210717 through 20210725 (July 17-25,
2021)

enjoy,
-e