Thanks all for the encouragement.

@Mat -
1. Thin gaps and Hide gaps are two separate on/off toggles. They control
two separate stylesheets. One adjusts between TW default gap and a thinner
gap, and the other between the TW default gap and no gap. But the problem
is that when one is on, the other is unavailable. At some point I may
research how to do a button that cycles through several options.
But as they stand, they conform to the idea that all of my buttons are on
and off toggles.  "Subtitle: on/off." "Thin frames: on/off" . "Small
titles: on/off."  Or: "What do you want to be visible in your TW?" Title,
subtitle, thin frames, backlinks as transclusion, etc. That explains my
labeling convention. CleanTids did have "Gaps btwn tids" but as you can see
I deliberately changed it to match this labeling convention. Question of
taste.

2. Yeah,  tiddler titles...I didn't quite understand what you were
suggesting, but here is what my thought process was: the viewtoolbar is in
a sense bundled with the titles into a titlebar, and I have never liked
that decision, because it makes styling titles more complicated. And now
obviously it also decreases the value of hiding the titlebar. My wish would
be that default TWs would have the viewtoolbar invisible and then visible
on hover anywhere in the tiddler frame, and totally disconnected from the
title. But I am pretty sure that having separate buttons to toggle titles
and the viewtoolbar would require changing a bunch of shadow tiddlers, and
might conflict with users' configurations, and would require updating the
plugin with every update to TiddlyWiki. That is not something I wanted to
do. I opted for the simpler solution of just letting people toggle the
titlebar on and off. I figure no one is going to want to hide titles all
the time, they are just going to do so for certain temporary uses.

3. I had a similar thought. I thought about a toggle for the seamless theme
(rather than a white palette), but I decided instead to keep it clean and
let the user decide the palette/theme with no nudging from me. Introducing
a specific palette or theme makes this seem more like an edition and less
like a plugin for helping others decide what they want.