I hope you are taking the time to inform potential users of your plugin
about the caveats with your work thus far, namely that is uses an API
planned to be deprecated, and a technique considered outdated (JSONP) which
makes future support rather unsure. Neither of which is a reason not to use
these plugins, but worth keeping in mind before building anything important
on top of it.

Using v3 of the Google Drive API
<https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/about-sdk> (which supports
CORS) would negate both of the above mentioned concerns, as well as allow
you save changes back. However, you will need to come up with a strategy to
deal with authentication. Note also that there is a "gapi"
<https://github.com/google/google-api-javascript-client>JavaScript client
library for working with the Google API which should help here. You may
also find the Google Picker <https://developers.google.com/picker> to be of
interest as a means to work with files saved in Google Drive. Using the API
is probably your only option for saving data back to the Google servers...
unless perhaps you can come up with some very creative use of forms
<https://dev.to/omerlahav/submit-a-form-to-a-google-spreadsheet-1bia>
(which get saved in Sheets).

Only tangentially related, I've been working on different storage back-ends
for binary attachments for TiddlyWiki, so that one can choose during import
to upload them to a storage backend and only have a canonical_uri tiddler
in the wiki itself. Currently I've got the major nuts and bolts in place
for using Amazon S3 as a rough proof of concept and may look at Google
Drive next. However this is using TW on node.js, mostly because that is
what I needed and can make use of npm packages, but also since securely
saving credentials in a single file wiki is a concern.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,

Saq