> NO, Google Groups search is TERRIBLE.
> And WORSE than it was before.
>
> And that is a MAJOR factor in end-user frustration.
>
> Please prove me wrong.
> Show some complex searches that work? :-)

I think whether we use Google Groups or Discourse, the best way to search the
archives will always be a straightforward web search (OK, Google search). As an
experiment, I searched for a literal phrase from a message in the group a month
ago, and google found it instantly:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=+%22winter+2019%2C+when+we+were+working+on+the+Commander+plugin%22&client=safari&hl=en-gb&sxsrf=ALeKk03Qjh7fZzQxEE2_9X6csk0ZQAX5hA%3A1622469136222&ei=EOq0YJjtDI-NhbIPicKYkAw&oq=+%22winter+2019%2C+when+we+were+working+on+the+Commander+plugin%22&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EANQ8UxY8Uxg705oBHAAeACAAUGIAX2SAQEymAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiYtZfEiPTwAhWPRkEAHQkhBsIQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

If the URL doesn't come through, it is just the result of searching for the
string (including quotes):

"winter 2019, when we were working on the Commander plugin"

As ever, the difficulty is coming up with the right search phrases.

Best wishes

Jeremy