Jeremy,

Great work. So the data extraction is possible. My test of export google
groups did also generate an MBOX file.

I will follow your steps eventually to see what the tiddlywiki results
looks like. Once in tiddler form, that is when my skills can click in to
see how we can engineer a useful resource, to then "mine the history" for
useful information.

However If you have the opportunity to do a fresh export from the GG,
convert to tiddlywiki and share (Privately fine), perhaps via a cloud
share, I can look into this further, perhaps at least a historical wiki if
we abandon GG. I imagine we may be able to strip previous replies content
lower down in the email to reduce the size substantially.

I am interested in how searchable the result will be, how we can curate and
extract meaningful information, if re-export to other tools becomes
possible etc...

As usual I expect ultimately we will need a hosted wiki, possibly on
node/bob so we can use lazy loading and multi-user/access models unless
other solutions are on the horizon?

Regards
Tones