Folks,

I have being reluctant to reenter (and read everyone's detailed responses)
this discussion, as it has being had many times. It is true there are a lot
of good ideas but its like herding cats and always will be unless there
were a clear leader as a replacement.

I tried to promote the use of Yammer which I believed to meet many of the
requirements, but too few people tried it to see why I thought it was a
good solution. Most people argue for the system they are already familiar
with (as I was with Yammer having helped build a 45,000 person yammer
network) but then do not look into other peoples suggestions. I have looked
at a few that have being proposed, but reviewing them is in the dark with
no clear set of requirements to measure them against.

Going forward;

   1. Build a list of requirements collaboratively
   2. Build a  comparison table (as per Matt)
   3. Community Review fills out the table
   4. If there are some outstanding solutions initiate some trials
   5. Ask Jeremy to support any obvious solution

If necessary set up a fund raising account to help if funding is necessary.
Be carful seeking reviews from people that there are user and developer
perspectives that can be different.

*Finally:* Since it is taking us so long anyway perhaps we should embark on
a developing tiddlywiki solution - "drink our own Champaign". In this way
posts could include tiddlywiki code and other objects. This could fix some
existing limitations of tiddlywiki.

Regards
Tones