Jeremy and all,

I've played around with the updated prerelease file, starting by importing
all the tiddlers from the "broken" version. So far, saves on github are
going fine.

Only one (!) major glitch. If you name a field with a double-angle-bracket
expression (Who would do such a thing?!), Shiraz gets confused. (Probably
other tools would get confused too, but Shiraz is the thing I've been
testing.)

For one proof-of-concept, I created a little ViewTemplate footer that
provides a dynamic table overview of any tiddlers that use the current
tiddler's title as a (non-empty) field name.

I do see some minor glitches with ViewTemplates (contents not looking as
they should, conditional filters not behaving as they should), but it's
possible my own limited trouble-shooting skills are to blame. It's also
possible that some interaction with one or more <<dangerously named
tiddlers>> is to blame.

If anyone wants to play around see here:
https://springerspandrel.github.io/tw/new-json-tw-experiment.html

-Springer