Yea, Windows has made this (renaming extensions) a little harder over the
years... There is probably a better way to do it, but I use command line to
do it. So for instance, I usually save the empty.html to my desktop so
c:\users\stobot\desktop\empty.html

So, my steps are (replace stobot with your username):

   1. Open command prompt (type cmd after clicking windows start button)
   2. Navigate to where your file is via cd so cd c:\users\stobot\desktop
   3. Do the rename here so rename empty.html empty.aspx

--
Adam Stobbe