Getting away from wikitext is fine, since the industry has not
apparently settled on one particular wiki dialect. If everyone used
the same dialect, then you could seamlessly pour data back and forth
between the various wiki-emulants.

I find the overall move to TW 5 a bit disheartening. Not all of us are
whipper-snappers that can pick up new technologies at the drop of a
hat. I was hoping for a knowledge platform that would stay stable for
a half decade or so at a time. I just about have everything working as
a productivity tool, rather than a nerd-toy. Once TW 5 is the rule of
the land, plugin developers will lose interest in the old TW, and many
will break (plugins that is, not developers) as FF and IE mutate. Its
likely that many of the plugins I'm using won't have equivalents on TW
5, or at least not for a year or two.

I've started looking at other information wrangling technologies. One
commercial product for instance has changed little in a decade, which
at this point I consider a good thing.

Mark