On Apr 8, 12:24 pm, Dani Zobin <danizo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Alex, that's interesting. How that's? One of the prominent elements that
> I noticed during my short time in this list, is that people here seem to be
> JS/css developers, or half the way there,  as this is what needed to twist
> the application (and it seems that everybody do it). Which is fine for me
> personally, but I did notice to myself that this is probably not an app for
> regular end users
I think most tw users, haven't been JS/CSS devs, when they found TW.
There are several customized TWs out there, which work out of the box,
for many usecases.

For me it was MPTW MonkeyPirateTW. It worked well. But after a while I
thought. OK. I want to have a search mechanism, that fits my needs.
Found it and tried to copy/paste it into my TW. The problem was, I
forgot systemConfig tag. So it didn't work. But searching this group I
found a solution.

The macro worked, but I had 2 search input boxes instead of one. In
this case the macros documentation had the info, that I needed. I
didn't find it immidiately but it was doable. ....

I think, a very similar story can be told by many TW users.

The whole learning process (see the .... above) had some very very
frustrating moments. Sometimes I wanted to delete the whole stuff and
go to bed. I didn't delete but went to bed. ... At the end everthing
worked the way _I_ wanted it.

I think, this is the thrill TW has. You can model it, that it
_exactly_ fits your needs. There is no "that doesn't work" it's just,
you have to find someone that helps you, to make it on your own. Or
may be there is an existing solution, you don't know.

I don't know, any other tool, that can be as massively changed, by
novice users. After a while a novice user is no noob anymore. You
learn a little CSS here a little JavaScript there, and there you go.

I think TW makes it sometimes too "easy" to tweak allmost every aspect
of the program. And since it is possible, it is done. __With many
other tools, you just couldn't do it__, so you have to get used to the
tools behaviour. Some people are satisfied with this situation. TW
users aren't. That's why we are using it. That's why we are tweaking
it. If CSS and JS is needed to do that, we learn it. That's why TW has
some kind of a "geeky touch".

As Alex Hough said. TW changes the way you think.

-mario