> 1) What are your favorite features of TiddlyWiki – Classic?

   -  Flexibility - adaptable to uses from Wiki to database to...?
   - Extraordinarily customizable and extensible
   - Can create elegant and specialized applications with decent knowledge
   of Javascript - accessible to a fairly modest level of programming knowledge
   - Easy, straightforward markup
   - Many available plugins
   - Until recently :-( the ability to share a single file and anticipate
   correct behavior on any browser with no special knowledge, effort or
   add-ins on the part of the recipient

 2.) What plug-ins (if any) do you consider essential for TiddlyWiki –
> Classic?

   - ForEachTiddler
   - Checkbox
   - EditField
   - ShortcutKeys
   - InlineJavascript
   - TiddlersBar
   - HideWhen
   - DisableWikiLinks

 2.5.) What plug-ins (if any) would you rather not be without?

   - NestedSliders
   - TaggedTemplateTweak
   - AttachFile
   - Footnotes
   - Annotations
   - many others used in specific situations (thank you thank you thank you
   Eric and others!)

 3.) Can you give a brief example of how you use TiddlyWiki – Classic?

   - Manage teaching materials for college classes
   - Web sites and study guides for college classes
   - Collection of code snippets, software tips, how-to's, etc.
   - Web page providing information about my research lab to the public and
   organizing project information, research protocols, recipes, etc. for my
   research students
   - Database of bacterial strains
   - Database of references with automatic citation retrieval and PDF file
   management
   - Address book, gift list, recipe book and other home management tasks
   - Database of books & music
   - Collection of hiking, biking and backpacking trails with maps and
   photos
   - ...more projects in progress than I'd care to admit

 4.) What software (if any) did you try before deciding on TiddlyWiki –
> Classic and if possible can you give a brief summery of why you chose to
> use TiddlyWiki – Classic over them?

I had tried Evernote, TWiki and various other wikis, roll-your-own
macro-driven Excel database solutions, FileMaker databases, etc. I had
largely settled on TreePad before encountering TiddlyWiki. Despite its
horribly slow development, it allowed for many of the organizational things
I wanted to do.

TiddlyWiki is far superior because it can be made to look and work exactly
as I want it to look and work and can look and work differently for
different applications, and because it is (was) so easily shareable.

> 5.) What have you been unable to do with TiddlyWiki – Classic that you
> really wished you could?
>
> 6.) If you could change anything about TiddlyWiki – Classic what would it
> be?

There are certainly not many limits to  TiddlyWiki if one is determined
enough to get it to do something specific. With changes in how browsers
allow it to work, I'm really missing the ability to do things like get a
local directory listing and automatically create links to files or create
something that a less-sophisticated user can use right away.

I guess the catch, however, is "if one is determined enough". In this era
where people use a computer like a car - hop in and drive, without knowing
anything about what's under the hood - it's hard to get anyone interested
in doing some Javascript programming to get a tool that does what they want
it to do.

Given that, it would be nice if it were a little easier/more obvious how TW
can be configured and how it can be used in different ways. Out of the box,
you see what basically looks like a program for writing notes in sort of
blog format, with limited screen real estate. It's not clear how you'd use
it differently or change how it looks, and even to customize the look takes
quite a bit of poking around with something like Firebug just to see what
CSS changes to make.

It would be great if the next generation TiddlyWiki made it easier to
modify the layout, provided some built-in tools for a more hierarchical
structure (yes, I know the concept of TiddlyWiki is inherently
non-hierarchical, but there are many applications where something more
structured comes in handy), made it simpler to create and use forms and
store database-like data, had an easily accessible means of finding and
installing major plugins (like an App Store or Mozilla's Add-Ons), had
readily accessible high-quality documentation on how to accomplish common
tasks, etc. I'm not sure if real collaboration can ever be made to work in
a non-server application, but that would be on my wish list, too.