> --------------Survey Start-------------------
>

>  1) What are your favorite features of TiddlyWiki – Classic?
>

> There's too many of them, so I'll generalize: deep customization
(interface), extensibility (plugins etc), explorability (WYSIWYM .. macros
.. JavaScript .. core -- it's a smooth chain), high cross-platformity;
all-in-one thing (although, saving, external libs like MathJax and attached
materials like pictures reduce that)

>  2.) What plug-ins (if any) do you consider essential for TiddlyWiki –
> Classic?
>

> SharedTiddlersPlugin, ForEachTiddlerPlugin, PasteUpPlugin/TWted+TWtid,
MathJaxPlugin

>  2.5.) What plug-ins (if any) would you rather not be without?
>

> (meaning very useful plugins, right?) NestedSlidersPlugin, GoToPlugin,
IntelliTaggerPlugin; there are several tweaks that I've introduced but
haven't published yet, like extending slices to be international and
assigning shift+click to close the tiddler on opening the target tiddler

>  3.) Can you give a brief example of how you use TiddlyWiki – Classic?
>

> Well, I have a number of TWs for science, learning and making points, just
general systematic notes on different aspects of life on both PC and
handheld (and a sort of GTD thing on my handheld). Of'course I use TWs as
plugin repositories and also in the future I'm planning to create a site
using TW(s). Another application I'd like to implement is a news reader
(RSS+)/communication tool (messanger+) and may be collaboration tool, but
that's long term plans.

>  4.) What software (if any) did you try before deciding on TiddlyWiki –
> Classic and if possible can you give a brief summery of why you chose to
> use TiddlyWiki – Classic over them?
>

> None. Once I understood that ordinary text is not sufficient for me, I
started to think about implementing some hypertext tool, and when I was
investigating ways for the web techs to interact with file system, I asked
about that at google answers (russian version is still open for new
questions) and was suggested to look at TW. And then I realized that the
work (most of it) is actually done (although I haven't succeeded with using
TW on old Windows *Mobile* devices). Ok, I can say "Word Mobile", and html
files + Opera (which allows editing the source and saving it easily) on PC.

>  5.) What have you been unable to do with TiddlyWiki – Classic that you
> really wished you could?
>

> Well, TWc has quite slow workflow in some applications. Attaching images
is slow (manual looking up and inserting pathes), no WYSIWYG slows down
editing tables, formulae and other things (but TWtid/TWted help with that),
no way to create sketches (picture notes) inside TW (but TW5 sort of
implemets that). And TW is rather closed system in terms of converting into
and from it to different formats (.doc etc). RSS is now "unsupported by TW"
(elder plugins don't work) and even though there was XMPPwiki, it didn't
evolve into a real messenger.

>  6.) If you could change anything about TiddlyWiki – Classic what would
> it be?
>

> Most of things that I can change -- I'm changing or I plan to change,
although I'm not quick enough as a developer. Here's a list of what I
haven't mentioned yet and what I'd like to implement:

* ListMarkerPlugin: wikify the
[some list items]
**+ list item
[some list items]
syntax (any symbol can be used instead of "+") to create list item(s) with
arbitrary markers ("+" in this case) -- I used custom "markers" in Word for
Windows Mobile a lot and would like to return this

* persistent ("baked") manual sorting for autoaggregated lists (I have
already got an idea how to implement this with FET)

* an interface similar to the RSS reader in Opera -- like
TiddlerTweakerPlugin, but with an ability to move along the list with
arrows, with hotkeys to delete/do other management to tiddlers in the list
and with a preview area next to it (to display the selected tiddler on the
go, without opening it). Sort of powertool to quickly/simultaneously edit
many tiddlers but with certain applications in mind (like RSS reader)

* good system to work with bibliorgaphic references (there's BibTeX plugin,
though, which I have to test first, but it's not enough for the whole
workflow); a numeration system for formulae etc -- this should probably be
implemented together

* dealing with graphs (not just MindMaps e.g. tree graphs) within TW
(there's a number of useful libs out there)

* add * "tab" to the tabs macro interface opening a menu for
creating/deleting new tabs without going to the edit mode

* implement the "freespace" way of editing when you can click any part of
the edit area without adding spaces/new lines and white space is kept in
the view mode