Hi Jeremy,

> I do wonder whether these blow-by-blow instructions are appropriate in
> empty.html. The alternative would be to have a "getting started" edition
> (perhaps the same as the "introduction" edition) that is specially geared
> to taking the user step-by-step through the installation and saving
> process. Once the user has achieved that tutorial then maybe they'd be best
> served with an empty.html that was relatively brief, mostly being links to
> material elsewhere.

Perhaps *GettingStarted* on *TiddlyWiki.com* (!) should really be a very
short questionaire that guides the user to an awareness of what they want
to or are able to do with "this thing", e.g.: Do you plan on using TW
online or local? Then suggest the appropriate actions. What is your
expertise? Beginner, Advanced, Pro... link to some appropriate context,
e.g. simple tutorials & markup, then templates, macros, widgets and finally
plugins, developer stuff, making an "app". Would you be interested in this
or this or this usecase? ...then links to some reference material.

Eventually, the visitor has a clear vision of what he is looking for /
wants to start out with ...and some straight answers as to what he can
expect and how to get things going.

http://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/empty.html

I think that definitely goes in the right direction.

Best wishes, Tobias.