I think it's important to remember who are target audience is with the
Empty file's GettingStarted tiddler. The audience for this tiddler is the
new or inexperienced user. The experienced user doesn't need it and
probably replaces it without even reading it.

With that in mind, I have a few critiques and suggestions for the
GettingStarted tiddler.

1. All reference to the Control Panel has been removed. By comparison, the
GettingStarted tiddler for the classic version contained essentially
nothing but references to what are now control panel functions. For those
who have forgotten, the GettingStarted tiddler for the classic version
contained just five lines which were:

To get started with this blank TiddlyWiki, you'll need to modify the
following tiddlers:

   - SiteTitle & SiteSubtitle: The title and subtitle of the site, as shown
   above (after saving, they will also appear in the browser title bar)
   - MainMenu: The menu (usually on the left)
   - DefaultTiddlers: Contains the names of the tiddlers that you want to
   appear when the TiddlyWiki is opened

You'll also need to enter your username for signing your edits:

It might be worth considering whether our new users would be better off if
the GettingStarted tiddler contained something like that.

2. Step number three, "Click the red in the sidebar on the right " is
unnecessary and confusing. The New User is going to be working with the
Empty.html as downloaded. That file is preconfigured to Autosave whenever
the user clicks on the tick mark button that accepts the changes to the
tiddler. The only time the New User will need to hit the button described
in step 3 is when they make a change to control panel settings. This
statement should be included in the GettingStarted after the statements
that reference the Control Panel.

By my reckoning, no one who can figure out how to change the Autosave
setting qualifies as a brand new user.

3. For the New User, the most important aspect of the Getting Started
process and the first thing I would mention is how to make sure you can
actually save the tiddlers you create. There aren't many things as
frustrating as spending time working on something only to have it vanish
into the ether. Accordingly, I would have the first thing they see be
something about checking the setup.

4. Do we expect there to be any members of the target audience using
TiddlyDesktop? My guess is no. And the line basically says that if you are
using TiddlyDesktop, you don't have to worry about what this tiddler says.
I would delete it unless the goal is to promote TiddlyDesktop.

5. I would include the lines about the TiddlyFox addin including the links
here rather than forcing the New User to go back to the main site to read
it.

And while I'm making suggestions, I wouldn't force the new user to leave
the tiddler to go get information about installing addins so they can make
TiddlyWiki work. If you don't want to include all that and the plugin in
the basic empty set, you can always have the user tell the program what
browser they are using and have the program load the appropriate file with
an html iframe statement. It might be something like <iframe width="100%"
height="650" style="border:none;"
src="http://tiddlywiki.com/firefoxstart.html"; scrolling="yes"></iframe>.