Hi Jeremy,

> I've simplified empty.html's GettingStarted to remove the tabs. I think,
> at least for the moment, that we should keep it simple, and link to help
> material elsewhere.

I think that's a good approach. Tabs add complexity and would only help in
this context if numbered. There could be a few more headlines, e.g.

*Create* (tiddlers)

*Save* (tiddlywiki)

*Explore* (tags, macros, templates, etc.)

...each with either the ui features to use, e.g. buttons, indicating what
to do ...or definitions lists with summaries and links pointing towards the
corresponding topics on tiddlywiki.com... similar to
http://tb5.tiddlyspot.com/#Core.

I see if I can't give it a try at what that could look like.
anyhow, I think this is a very important topic to keep newcomers confident
...and motivated to explore!

Perhaps, this is a good opportunity to introduce the most simplistic
(implementation of a) widget rendering a headings toc with clickable
links... so as to have that toc at the top of a tiddler while being able to
jump to a topic further down the tiddler.

Best wishes, Tobias.