> And I think that TiddlyWiki should be defined in an empty TiddlyWiki
>>
> +1

+2

IMO, missing tiddlers simply looks like it's some error which is confusing.

Not an error, but a useful tool, I think.
I imagine, the missing tiddler list on tiddlywiki.com may indeed need some
review.
One way would be to redirect now dead candidates to their new places.
Another would be the ability to add a missing link to some
S:/config/IgnoreMissing index which...

   1. prevents the link from being wikified as a link
   2. no longer lists the link in the missing tab

One half measure idea would be a some text in faint gray in each missing
> tiddler informing that [there is no content in this tiddler]. (Not quite
> true if it's not a tiddler to begin with.)

There's a bug in 5.1.5 that prevents the desired message from showing up.

> Another route might be to de-linkify them with "~"

That's one way to do it, but some of them are possibly intended to be
documented, yet not documented as of today. Perhaps some rudimentary
doc-todo tag would be an indication as to what are truly "missing tiddlers"
on tiddlywiki.com.

Best wishes, Tobias.