Thank you all for your replies!

@Andreas - Unibar, very interesting! I've only briefly looked and will see
if there are bits I can use. Thank you very much!

> As for the multiple editors and the stick/unstick thing: When I
> experimented with it, it turned out, that having only 1 sticking editor
> works best,

This is valuable info

as it removes any management the user might have to do and also there
> aren't 3
> individually scrollable panes in a wiki.

Real estate is a problem. I'm going to look closer at the "Smallest
Federated Wiki" project, or whatever Cunninghams project is named. It has
the "tiddlers" very narrow which actually looks workable. BTW, he also lets
the river expand along the x-axis which I'm not so sure of...

Your input just sparked a storyview idea that might work. Think of the
story views that show only one tiddler (zoomin and pop, I belive. Or
"tabbed"). But that these, if you go to edit view, shows both modes below
eachothers. Then you, again, get a "live editor". I think this makes sense.
AND for working between tiddlers, i.e transferring text etc, you could
stick either or both of the views and so when you open a new tiddler you
see this AND the previous, all lined up vertically but maximum of four
(TidA view, TidA edit, TidB view, TidB edit).

...my favourite view in TWC was "tabbed". The above idea would let the
"river" aspect (i.e the y-axis) be used for comparison and editing rather
than as a default view. When actually *reading *tiddlers, I have found that
the vertical sequencing contributes little. It is not like "turning a page"
in a book as tiddler subjects are typically distinct.

Will do some thinking.

Thank you.

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/023588b9-7d64-4762-9383-ceabe1c24171%40googlegroups.com.