A fair question. I'm taking the liberty to CC your question and this answer
to the people behind Tiddlyspot, cousins Simon and Daniel Baird, so they
can answer personally as I think it is a question of general interest.

But to give you a quick answer of my own: Tiddlyspot is one of the corner
stones in the TW community and has proven extremely reliable over the years
even if there has not been any development over the past few years as you
notice. Both Simon and Daniel were previously very involved in the
community and have always been very kind and helpful. I personally create a
new tiddlyspot every now and then and recently CTO (Chief Tiddly Officer)
Jeremy now also welcomes tiddlyspot as a way for community members to
contribute code as an alternative to github.

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7baf498e-ba87-4a83-98f0-b84ec6f2c9e3%40googlegroups.com.