Hi Mat,

>    - Shoud it perhaps be tagged $:/tags/Macro ?
>
> hmmm... yes. Now you mention it, I'm not sure why it works without that -
I guess because it's javascript and explicitly functions as a macro.

>    - I note that  adds "#". This is a really nice touch for the github
>    issues but does not work so well for permalinks as they already have this
>    character after the slash sign so it results in double ##. It is of course
>    trivial to remove that bit from the code so I can do this myself.
> Something
>    else I will try is to let the user specify delimiter is but perhaps use
> "/"
>    as default. (I'll attempt to implement this too... "good luck, Mat")

Good luck, Mat! It's really not so scary - you should be able to pass the
delimiter as an optional second parameter

>    - When I add it (to TWaddle), should/can I in the tiddler head add the
>    text:
>    -
>
> creator: Richard Smith
> source: https://
> dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83055414/prettifylinkexample.html#RS%2Fmacros%2Fprettifypath.js

I'd rather not commit to that file existing for any length of time.

>    - ...and, if I manage to get something working with my tweaks for it,
>    how would I fairly credit you? Include "original creator" and "original
>    source" perhaps?
>
> I don't really care about credit, tbh (there are tens of thousands of
Richard Smith's in the world anyway) but perhaps soon I will start to keep
a github page of my own and that might be the place to point to
(r1chard5mith)

>    - Maybe its worth making it into a plugin (ref Andreas Tinka) ?
>
> Perhaps, if we add some more features/options it will be worth rolling up
into a plugin and we can maintain it together - your idea after all.

@Alex: good idea Alex - inexplicably, I hadn't looked at the documentation
macros before. I will have a play later. The dropbox issue seems to be
because you don't have it in your 'public' folder? Only the public folder
gets permanent links but some people don't have a public folder. Thanks for
attaching the file, will explore.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b1e99939-5f1f-4a08-b4f7-51dc36688042%40googlegroups.com.