Hi Jeremy,

> I was responding to the suggestion that users should be able to run
> different versions of the UI against the core.

Of course, I guess I ignored that fact. I agree that that would not be
advisable.

> It's a *terrible* endeavour for anyone who wants to explore alternative
> UIs. It's not an obstacle to exploring alternative UIs, and so it's just a
> plumbing task that would prevent them from actually developing the
> alternative UI.
> <javascript:>

Starting from a custom pagetemplate is the way to explore, yes. Throwing
out the default ui would be rather an attempt for optimization. Not sure
about the themes, though. Haven't tested yet, how much "starting from
scratch" is actually possible ...or what that looks like.

Best wishes,

— tb

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/380da0c3-5988-41df-8730-d4ff79eb0bbf%40googlegroups.com.