On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 4:35:35 PM UTC-5, Mat wrote:

> Mark S. wrote:
>>
>> Maybe the problem is the "wiki" part of the name. [..]

> So is TW really a Wiki? Or a personal information manager?

>> Maybe rebranding ...
>>

> Topic is drifting but, that aside, I agree.

Me too.  But it speaks to the problem even if it is tangential
(sub)thread.  If TW were to suddenly "take off", due to a name-change or
something else, we'd certainly need something better than we have for
managing "what we have".  The disparate solutions out there are many,
difficult to find, some well maintained, others less so.  A plugins group,
I believe, would solve that problem.

> Wikipedia is probably the *only* contact most people have had with a wiki
> - at least *as far as they know*.

Great point.  TW is far and away "better than a wiki" and if Joe newbie
thinks "oh, it's one of those things... ugly as sh1t" then that's a lost
opportunity.

>  But that type of pure "articles" wiki is of course not what TW is about.
> Plus the editing is pretty awful in Wikipedia (and thus, presumably,
> MediaWiki). So... who the heck is looking for that when they want an, um...
> whatever it is they want?

*whatever it is they want*  -- precisely my point earlier about searching.
I know what I *want* to solve, but little idea of what to search for.
Gimme a group I can just *read*.

> I'm reminded of an attempt I made at identifying software categories of
> possible relevance for TW
> <http://twaddle.tiddlyspot.com/#Software%20Categories>. ...as if this
> thread isn't drifting off topic already.

It's complete valid, Mat.  Like I said, were we to solve *that*, my
plugins/bundles group will be a *must* have, IMO.

Coda

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/90798c96-f368-428a-8b4d-d4b329d247f2%40googlegroups.com.