Cosa,

There are ways to build solutions that encourage community involvement and
maintenance, for example if a single repository was marketed by the
community as the key way to have your plugin promoted, plugin developers
are incentivised to use this to promote their plugin, maintain the info,
and the community can respond to lost authors. I suppose my view is a
prefix in the current group, vs another group are only imperfect solutions
on the way to a more effective solution, I suggest having a vision for our
destination and keeping the interim as simple as possible. To me building
the new group with the history of plugins from the existing group is as
much work as building the end solution.

I am not sure what you mean by a Goolag group, I for one are an open source
community driven protagonist.

Open discussion is always important.

Regards
Tony