Ciao dg

That is a very GOOD, USEFUL, reply to issues I was trying to
articulate--you did better than I did. That is part of the issue. I'm so
embedded in basic knowing of TW--I'm getting blind to BASIC SIMPLE NEEDS of
many potential users.

IMO we let down potential new users.

Part of the issue, as you say, is that it is NOT good for newbies to have
to cope with a group that has threads that are so technically complex you
have No Idea what they crapping on about.

What Newbies need, IMO, is a simple Google group with basic instructions
and Q & A. And LINKS to FULL-FEATURED completed TW designed for SPECIFIC
PURPOSES so they can download what they need to get on with it and forget
everything else.

On whether TW is here for the long haul? YES, it is. It is a remarkable bit
of kit that has proven resilient for over a decade already.

The fact the user base is small compared to TW's huge utility is a sad
thing. IMO if we provided more FULLY FORMED apps in a simple way it would
get used a lot more.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/38b35435-4b9c-446f-baee-0dee4193ddfd%40googlegroups.com.