Hi Coda,
I would like to avoid expressions looking to technical in the inputText.
In my concept the macro is transcluded by the rolename:

{{Peter}} like all roles leads to a tiddler which a only macro called <<role>> as text. The macro is defined:
\define role()
\end
This makes it possible to swap the names afterwards and to use uppercase in the stylesheet.

My Problems start with the following:

There are two Layouts.
One for small devices using

PETER:
Now I say something.
Single Linebreaks are /okay/.

And for print an big screens which should display with indent roles:

PETER:   Now I say something.
              Single Linebreaks are /okay/.
BOB:      And here I answer.
                          Here the spaces schould be displayed

This is why I chose to display the roles within <dd> elements.

You see, it is quite developped but it works if everything is entered correctlay. And the ReplacePragma I mentioned would solve all problems which resolve in forgetting a line-break or so...

Yours Jan