Hi Alfonso,
It is not the windows download directory but the default directory set in
the firefox configuation, which is set in the firefox preferences.

I am not planing adding any extra backup options at the moment, but Mario
has a different saving scheme -
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/19LF5KynLAc/9nEybNVXCAAJ

cheers
BJ